Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here I Go Again

Wow, three weeks since my last post. Time flies when you are not having that much fun.

As longtime readers may know, I started this blog as a way of tracking my renewed weight loss. The car pics and random links are just a bonus. To make a long story short, in 2008 I went from 358 pounds to the 230's. Then in January of this year I developed sciatica in my left leg. I gritted my teeth and worked through it, but finally blew out a vertebral disc in May.

I had surgery to remove the herniated part of my disc August 5th. The good news is that all went well and I no longer have the sciatic pain. The bad news is that since I was barely able to walk for three months, no less work out, I gained an s---load of weight. Back on July 16th I posted that I was going back on my diet. Yeah, that lasted for about two days.

One thing I have learned through all of this is that if you fall off your horse you get back on again. So that's what I am doing. I weighed in with our trainer last night and I was (eek!) 293 pounds. OMFG, right?

So when I got home I threw out the remainder of the Trader Joe's Joe Joe's cookies, and got out my (by now dusty) trusty food journal notebook. Starting today, August 25 I am going to start food journaling again. I am starting out at 2400 calories with 200 grams of protein. I find that fat grams aren't much of a problem for me when I am eating right so I don't make a huge deal of it, but I will track it.

So here I go again. Cue the Whitesnake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTiwCez6Zs

No comments:

Post a Comment